PCS CONUS and OCONUS screening forms are completed through the Joint Medical Readiness Clinic and not
your primary care provider. Please do not book an appointment through the appointment line or the patient portal. Forms can be emailed
or sent via secure message
Please allow a 7-day turnaround once your appointment is booked.
For enlisted only
Please complete all administrative data in DA 5118-Reassignment Status and Election Statement, including the receiving unit name and report date, for CONUS and OCONUS moves.
For all ranks
Please complete all administrative data in DA 4036-Medical and Dental Preparation for Overseas Movement
, including the receiving unit name and report date for overseas screening.
Medical Readiness must be green through report date. Please review the information below:
- Hearing Exam: Call 301-677-8800. Booking out is approximately 1 day, up to 50 personnel a day.
- Vision: Walk-ins available. Appointments booked for full exam on-site if needed after screen.
- Labs (HIV) and Immunizations: Walk-in basis. Immunizations, Monday and Fridays are preferred.
- PHA: If PHA is needed (amber or red by report date) complete PHA Part 1 Member portion and we will complete PHA Part 2.
- Dental: Call to schedule at the Epes Dental Clinic. Plan 60-90 days out.
EFMP: If you are taking family members overseas, ensure you start EFMP screening for all family members
to avoid delays. Please use the new electronic EFMP system
Medications: Ensure you have 90 days of all medications.
TRICARE Nurse Advice Line: Referrals for care while traveling. Avoid bills with prior approval for urgent and ER care.
TRICARE: Once at your new location call TRICARE to set up care at your new duty station and avoid delays.