Evaluation and treatment diagnoses include but are not limited to the following list:
- Neck pain with or without pain into the arm(s) and hand(s)
- Shoulder pain
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis / Tear
- Acromioclavicular Joint Osteoarthritis
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Post-Operative to include: Sub-Acromial Decompression, Bankart Repair, Rotator Cuff Repair, Labral Repair
- Back Pain with our without pain into the leg(s) and foot(feet)
- Hip Pain
- Greater Trochanteric Bursitis
- Post-Operative to include: Total Hip Replacement & Core Decompression
- Knee Pain
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Meniscal Tear
- Patellar Dislocation
- Post-Operative to include: Total Knee Replacement, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Repair, Patellar Tendon Repair, Meniscal Repair / Menisectomy
- Ankle / Foot Pain
- Ankle Sprain
- Post-Operative to include: Ankle fracture repair &Ligament Repair
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Post-Operative to include: Bunionectomy Brostrom repair
The following is a list of the equipment that we carry on a regular basis:
- Axillary Crutches (under the arm) and training on how to properly use
- Simple Knee Sleeves Neoprene with or without the hole cut out for the kneecap and patellar tendonitis sleeves.
- Simple Ankle Sleeves Neoprene with adjustable strap for first time ankle sprain patients.
- Sturdy Ankle Brace Lace up with lateral support for the chronic ankle sprain patient
Frequently Asked Questions
My referral states Occupational Therapy (OT). Is that the same thing as Physical Therapy (PT)?
No, OT is another specialty that deals mainly with the upper extremity focusing on the elbow, wrist, and hand joints. If the physician gives you a consult for OT, the physical therapist will generate a consult for you to be seen by a civilian occupational therapist. This may also include a physical therapist who has undergone specialized training and has become “HAND CERTIFIED”.
My prescription from the physician says for me to attend aquatic therapy. Do you offer that at Kirk?
No, due to our limited size and resources we do not have a pool for aquatic therapy. If your physician is requesting that you attend an aquatic physical therapy program the therapist will generate a consult for you to be seen by a civilian physical therapy clinic that offers aquatic therapy
The podiatrist gave me a prescription for custom orthotics. Do you offer those?
No, you have to go to Walter Reed or have a referral/approval from Tricare to see a civilian orthotist to have custom made orthotics made. We offer two different basic off-the-shelf full length shoe insert one for maximum cushioning (not rigid) and one for support (rigid) that is similar to a custom orthotic only it is not custom made to your foot. We also have heel inserts should the podiatrist recommend those.