Occupational Health at Kirk-Aberdeen Proving Ground consists of two locations: Aberdeen Proving Ground and Edgewood Arsenal.
We provide a comprehensive occupational health program that promotes health and protects civilian and military workplace health.
Appointments may be made by calling 410-278-1913.
If you reach our automated answering machine please leave a message to include your name, date, a good telephone number where you can be reached and your call will be returned before Close of Business on the day you call.
Supervisor: Mark Lovell, M.D., M.P.H. Chief of Public Health Branch 410-278-1905
Services Offered at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Respiratory Protection Program, Illness Absence Monitoring
- Worksite Hazard Assessments, Workers' Compensation
- Health Promotion, Counseling, Education and Training
- Vision Conservation
- Medical Records Management
- Medical Exams:
- Fitness for Duty
- Medical Determinations
- Termination Physicals
- Return to Work clearances
- Job Related Health Surveillance
- SRP and Post-deployment Physicals
- Child Care Worker Exams
- Annual required Medical Surveillance Exams
- Workplace Injuries and work related illnesses
Hearing Exams Hours of Operation:
- Mon - Fri: 7 a.m to 11 a.m
- Closed for lunch 12 - 1 p.m
- Reopen at 1 p.m - 3 p.m
Hearing Tests are not performed when Audiologist is seeing patients.
Civilians and Military Personnel are seen by appointment and scheduled appointments are seen first. Appointments are highly encouraged. Walk-ins will be seen as soon as possible.
An audiologist is available one day each month for examination & evaluation as needed.
All forms required for physicals must be completed and brought to the appointment or the appointment will be rescheduled.
We have a dual mission to preserve the health and prevent the occurrence of injury and illness in our population of active duty, civilian and contract personnel working on the Edgewood Area of Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG). The other mission of critical magnitude is safeguarding the health of the Surety Program workers and ensuring they are reliably able to perform their duties.
Hours of Operation: Mon, Tue Fri: 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday closed from noon - 4 pm
Building # E4110 Austin Road
Gunpowder, MD 21010
Clinic OIC: Carrie Dorsey, M.D., M.P.H.
Clinic NCOIC: SGT Alexander Bach
Surety Officer: Mr. Barry Hersey
Patient Care Staff
- One board-certified occupational medicine physician
- One occupational health physician assistant
- Three occupational health nurses
- One occupational health technician, medical records technician, a medical support assistant, and a team of Army medics
Services Offered at Edgewood
- Treatment and referral of acute and chronic occupational injuries and illness
- Occupational illness and injury case management to restore workers to optimal function
- Work area consultations such as indoor air quality, ergonomics and workers-compensation cases
- Preventive services such as immunizations to prevent disease due to occupational exposure
- Job and Hazard specific Health Surveillance Exams
- Administrative Physical Exams
- Hearing Conservation Program
- Vision Conservation
- Respiratory Protection
- Health Promotion