Kirk's Industrial Hygiene Office provides support to the war fighter, conserves resources, and enhances readiness by anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling health hazards where both military and civilian personnel work and serve.
This is in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 6055.5, Army Regulation (AR) 40-5, and other applicable directives and regulations.
- Conduct periodic surveys of workplace operations and provide evaluations & document occupational exposures to chemical, physical, and biological hazards.
- Review project (new, renovation, or demolition) plans, and recommend practical corrective actions to prevent health hazards.
- Prevent and control occupational injuries and illnesses by developing and implementing practical solutions.
- Extensively uses DoD Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System (DOEHRS) Database, to capture longitudinal exposure records for individual workers in DoD.
- Provides advanced & sustainment workplace health and safety training.
"Works closely with Federal Employees Compensation Act (FECA) office, to reduce costs associated with lost-time, medical treatment and surveillance, and workers' compensation.”