- Medication review
- Tobacco cessation counseling
- Glucometer training for patients ages 18 and older
- Medication review is available for those patients that take 5 or more medications and want to have them checked for adverse medication interactions or for duplication.
- Tobacco cessation counseling is available for those patients that need assistance with quitting tobacco use. Group sessions are available upon request.
- Glucometer training is available to assist patient with monitoring their blood glucose at home.
Polypharmacy (many drugs) refers to problems that can occur when a patient is taking more medications than are actually needed.
Are you at risk for polypharmacy?
- Do you take herbs, vitamins or over-the-counter products?
- Do you have to take medicine more than once a day?
- Do you use different pharmacies to fill your prescriptions?
- Do you live alone?
- Do you sometimes forget to take your medication?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions you could be at increase risk for polypharmacy!
Did You Know:
That cigarettes contain more than 4,000 ingredients, which when burned, can also produce over 200 compound chemicals. Many of these compounds have been linked to lung damage. Chewing tobacco and smoking are the most common preventable causes of death.